musicinmind;250913 Wrote:

> . . . Audio quality is still significantly inferior to CD transport.
> (Parasound CBD-2000 belt drive) . . .

Musicmind,

I too have a Parasound CBD-2000 transport but coupled to a Levinson
No.36 DAC via AES/EBU.  I'm also running a SB Receiver via Toslink to
the same DAC playing back FLAC files created by dbpoweramp R13.1.  I've
always enjoyed the "laid back" but very open and detailed sound of the
Parasound belt-drive transport, but the SB Receiver does sound
remarkably good even with the Toslink connection and the factory
supplied $2 power-supply, but I also know that there is room for
improvement.  That being said, the CBD-2000 CD transport a tough one to
beat especially if you like its sound qualities, but mind you, some
folks don't care for the sound of the CDB-2000 saying that it's too
laid back, lacks impact, and other statements that I don't agree with.
Even with all the tweaking in the world, I doubt that you will ever get
the same belt-drive-transport sound out of any Squeezebox product due
to the Parasound's unique qualities; however, I do think that you
should be able to get very listenable sound from your SB3 with just a
little tweaking.  Now, as for what tweaks will make your SB sound
better, I'll leave that to be answered by the knowledgeable tweakers on
this forum, and please let us know how it all comes out in the end.

Forrest

--
Forrest