MusicAddict;352474 Wrote:
> I don't (yet) own one of these, but my guess is that the Popcorn Hour
> A-110 is the closest thing available.
>
> http://www.popcornhour.com

I agree that the popcorn hour (i own an A-100) is the closest thing you
can buy todoy. The same applies to other sybas-based network players
(iStar, Dune HD/BD whatever, ...)
Although i don't know the venerable slimp3 player i would think video
streamers are in the same age today: working but not near as mature as
those Slim Players (+ Squeezecenter) are nowadays.
What's similar: you can spend quite some time tweaking and expanding
this system as there are a lot of 'addons'
(http://code.google.com/p/moviejukebox/wiki/MovieJukebox) and an acitve
'community' (http://www.networkedmediatank.com/)

qualities of a transporter i don't think it's prime time(*) for these
devices yet.

kind regards,
Markus

(*) It's not the technical domain only but much more the content
delivery part...

--
schiegl