Phil Leigh;354638 Wrote:
> Dennis - it's damn cold oot and aboot the noo down here in Southern
> England too!
>
> mods to SB - £100-£200
> Transporter - £1,200 (less what I could sell my DAC for)
>
> TP will have to wait unfortunately... "credit crunch" and all that.
> I've just paid off my credit card bill. That hurt. Then there's the
> mortgage - ouch ouch ouch!

The Transporter gives up above 24/96.

At over £1000 I will wait to see at what definition domestic music
settles - it may be higher than 24/96.

In the meantime I have large CD collection, and for that SB3 and a good
DAC will do fine.

The SB3 I have just ordered from Amazon for £121 - the packaging is
damaged. Do I care? I have a bargain and an interim solution that is
better than my Quad 77 CDP.

I will explore the upgrades - but maybe a better power supply (from
Maplin?) will accomplish as much.

--
Labarum

Brian