Themis;358854 Wrote:
> No, I'm just trolling. :)
>
> Seriously: of course. I never listen to anything below 16/44 when I
> compare hi-fi equipment.
> Your questioning seem to indicate that your opinion is different from
> mine. Can you explain further in detail, please ?

No. I don't have an opinion because I haven't heard the Transporter.
The SB3 beats my ageing Quad 77 CD player by a very significant margin
and the SB3/Beresford is as good as the XP - ASIO - Foobar - Beresford
route.

The SB3 without the Beresford is flat and lifeless - much worse than
the Quad 77 CDP

My speakers are 20 years old but but were in the Quad Electrostatic
price range when bought, and listening in shops gives me no desire to
buy new. The upgraded 405 seems very revealing without screaming into
my titanium tweeters, so I guess the analogue chain is up to it, but
will the Transported show me more at 16/44.1 lossless?

Only my ears will tell me - but I am looking for an opinion from those
who might have heard both on a revealing system.

--
Labarum

Brian

Beresford DAC - Quad 405-2 refurbished by 405man - Quart 980s German
Tower Loudspeakers.

FLAC through Foobar, XP and ASIO
Squeezebox 3 Classic
Virgin Cable Box
No FM reception for Quad tuner - but both digital radio sources are
better