Great spot.

For those with more classical knowledge than me, are there particular
recordings within the small range they are offering as FLAC downloads
that sound particularly impressive? I am open to discovering all types
of music, but am less interested in the 'historical' recordings of the
great performers that are often have less than high fidelity.

I already took the plunge with the Stravinsky (Le Sacre du Printemps).
And that is an amazing recording! The site also offered me that in FLAC
for around $10 less than the MP3 option... a discount for lossless! Now
we are talking.

--
sebage

http://www.last.fm/user/sebage/