auronthas;368093 Wrote:

> I have done a lot of speaker positioning and have found several
> favorite spots with marking. I am looking at room acoustic treatment
> too. Intend to add a wool curtain at the back of my listening chair to
> prevent the sound travelling down to grond floor via void/staircase
> (didn't i mention my listening room is at 1st floor?)

Sounds like the sort of thing that could help.
auronthas;368093 Wrote:

> IMO, i do not like to use EQ, it would make the music sounds
> artificial, studio-like, i rather listen to the original, natural music
> without EQ.

It took me a long time to realise it, but I feel the same way. That's
why I EQ only below about 125Hz using Inguz EQ software on my music
server. Above that the sound is completely unaffected and therefore I
keep that natural quality.
auronthas;368093 Wrote:
> A few of my friends said that the next improvement of my audio system is
> the source then the acoustic treatment.
Ok. I don't agree with your friends. :)
Darren

--
darrenyeats

SB3 / Inguz -> Krell KAV-300i (pre bypass) -> PMC AB-1
Dell laptop -> JVC UX-C30 mini system