o recall someone whose signature listed one of these.  But who???

I want to use this to do two tasks.  The first is to take the
unbalanced RCA output of the SB3 and convert it to balanced to feed
powered monitors.  The second is to use it to set the upper limit of
the output going to the monitors and then use the SB3's remote to
control the volume downward from there.

My questions are about the volume controls.  They are labelled Channel
1 and Channel 2. Does each knob control both the right and left
channels going one direction (i.e., bal to unbal and then unbal to
bal)?

And is the range (from the spec sheet:"Balanced Output Level +4dBm
Front panel adjustable ± 6dB, peak +25dBm") sufficient to do what I
want?  The speakers can be set for 4, 0, or -10.

Obviously from the questions, I'm not a pro at this so any insights
will be appreciated.
George

--
gsawdy