Thanx, you both pretty much answered my question (and another question
which was "should I get a DAC with the SB3 ?"), so I'll get a SB3 and
just enjoy the music, and I'll see next year if I can get even more out
of it =)

> As a 40+yr old, my hearing is supposedly sucky. (The irony of
> audiophilia is that the majority of people suffering from this disease
> are in the declining years of their hearing...)
Your ear is getting less sensitive, especially in higher frequencies,
but it doesn't mean you'll be less likely to tell the difference
between High quality sound and lower quality : It's actually your brain
that does most of the job. Some people can't hear the difference between
128kbps mp3 and lossless, but it's probably not because of their ears,
just that they don't know how to listen ^^

--
BlueScreenJunky