Eric Carroll;395135 Wrote:
> I use a Kingrex T20 to drive my bedroom speakers. Tripath amp. Works
> perfectly to replace the old hulking Rotel class A amp that blew a
> channel and took a B&W Matrix 805 main driver with it.
>
> While Tripath is dead as a company, the chips still seem to be
> available. I have not been able to find out why - Cirrus Logic bought
> the IPR of Tripath (whereas Tripath the corporation disappeared in an
> odd reverse take-over, presumably for its stock listing). But Cirrus
> doesn't appear to list the tripath chips that I can find.

Cirrus Logic owns all of the Tripath intellectual property. Last I
heard and saw, they make Tripath chips, but they only make the big
ones. They don't make the small 10 to 25W per channel stereo chips.
They make chips for TVs and other devices needing 100 Watts or more.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
'Last.FM' (http://www.last.fm/user/mephone)
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's,
Vandersteen Quatro, VeraStarr 6.4SE 6-channel Amp, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: SB3, GFR-700HD, Thiel 2.3, Second Boom
Home Office: SB3, NAD C370, two VSM-1
Home Gym: SB3, Parasound Vamp v.3, Thiel PowerPoint 1.2
Mobile: SB3, Audioengine A5