MarcelO;397101 Wrote:
> I have spotted a second hand Monarchy Audio DIP Mark II. In as new
> condition for 80 euro.
> Is it worthwhile to install a DIP between a SB3 and a Sigtone Shek d2
> DAC?
>
> Thanks,
> Marcel.

Marcel,

Don't do it! While it made a modest sonic improvement in the system I
tried it in, it has a fatal flaw when used with an SB3.

If/when the SB3 loses wireless connectivity, it mutes the digital
output.

The Monarchy DIP, given no input, outputs full volume digital noise,
which almost destroyed my speakers.

I checked with the manufacturer and they stated that the unit was
working according to design!

I ended up with a GW Labs DSP which is designed under license from
Monarchy. It both sounds better than the Monarchy and properly mutes
the digital outputs when there is no input.

I believe the DSP is discontinued - I got mine from Audiogon for
$300USD

Regards,
Kim

--
krochat

------
Acourate -> Inguz DSP -> SB3 -> GW Labs DSP (96kHz upsampler) -> Apogee
Big Ben -> TacT RCS 2.2X -> 2x TacT S2150 -> Vandersteen 3a Signature +
TacT W210