Blackstone;402336 Wrote:
> The specs for the Transporter include the following:
>
> Jitter (standard deviation):
> 11ps at oscillator (intrinsic jitter)
> 17ps at DAC
> 35ps at S/PDIF receiver
>
> I am wondering how slaving the Transporter to the dCS combo would
> theoretically affect those numbers?

The clock quality of the source device is irrelevant in a word clock
scenario, because the clock is sourced by and confined to the external
DAC.

To properly leverage Transporter's internal clocks, you would need to
be using Transporter's internal DAC.

A word clock levels the playing field for the purpose of comparing
Transporter's DAC to an external DAC, otherwise the external DAC would
be handicapped. However, I think you will find the internal DAC is not
easily beat in either case.

--
seanadams