Kuro wrote:
> cdmackay;404725 Wrote:
>> I wonder if that model supplies power normally from the battery, or
>> whether the battery is only there for backup?
>>
>> It seems to me that a simple battery really ought to be the cleanest
>> source of power, and the cheapest. Has anyone tried this, for low-power
>
> But APC does not make audio equipment.  They only need to generate a
> useable AC for your computer equipment.
>
> So how clean the AC waveform can APC generate from the battery is
> anybody's guess.

Very easy to measure though, one would imagine. APC do claim to do power
conditioning on the output, I note.

I'm struggling to see why AC generated from a battery, with no other
loads, would have much noise associated with it.

As to my battery suggestion, for DC, I do realise that's no good for
e.g. Transporter, but it would be fine for SBR. Although it's been noted
elsewhere that power supply changing has little to no effect on an SBR.

cheers,
calum.