That is the question.
How do you use your transporter?
Directly into main amps or have you got a pre?
Why? Security? Sound quality? More sources than just the transporter?
I think Cliveb said that one of the biggest improvements he made was
removing the pre.
So signal path gets shorter? Sound gets better?
A friend of mine said that a main amp needs an apropriate driver (not
sure about my translation to English here) and most sources were to
weak to drive the main amp. Didn't quite understand what he meant but
took it for it. He's doing hifi for more than 20 years now.
What do you think?
Is a pre needed with a transporter?
Why?
Or is it better to just go the direct route to the power amp?
Thanks for any enlightenment on the obscure nature of hifi.

--
jaysung