Nonreality;413890 Wrote:
> The flac in question wasn't made in Winamp by any chance?  Their encoder
> has had problems if you use higher compression rates and then play on
> other devices in the past.  Just a thought.

Nope - I just use the linux command line flac executable with '--best'
(which is equivalent to -8). Omitting '--best' (the equivalent of -5)
makes a flac which the TP is happy with (but which I am less happy
with).

John

--
2eleven

Transporter > 2 x 1959 McIntosh MC30 Monoblocks > Proac Tablettes
3 SB3s > various pieces of audio gear not worth mentioning