DCtoDaylight;413942 Wrote:
> I've heard conflicting reports on Mothership, some that say it's great,
> others that say it initially sounds great because it's more heavily
> compressed...

Compression is what I think I'm hearing with the Zep Remasters. As I
think of it, it sounds like a low bitrate mp3. There's no soundstage.
Zero. It's like an improved version of AM radio. And I soooo wanted it
to sound good. But really I have to say it's just not good. I don't
know which version of the Remasters I have. It's a 3 disk box with one
disk dedicated to interviews.

So is there no strong opinion out there to say, "Hey, there are great
recordings and it's..." this or that vinyl, CD set, etc?

--
GreenMan

My computer -> SB2-> Krell KAV-300i -> pair of Thiel CS2 -> my ears ->
my brain