This my first post, so please be gentle. :)

I've had my Squeezebox Duet for about a year now. Recently upgraded to
a Denon 3808ci and Axiom Audio M80s for stereo listening. I currently
have the SBR outputting to the Denon via toslink.

My entire library is FLAC encoded (dbPowerAmp).

I'm able to reproduce a 'crackling' sound during certain passages of a
given tune. For instance, when I play 'You and Whose Army?' from
Radiohead's Amnesiac, I can hear in the right channel.

I set the speakers to large and it disappeared with that song. But when
playing The White Stripes' 'A Little Cream Soda' off Icky Thump, I
noticed it again in the beginning.

Any ideas as to what this may be?

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thanks.