I'm rather nervous as an Audiophile board is certainly not my natural
home, but I'm hoping you chaps may be able to give me some advice.

I'm finally replacing CRT TV with a nice slim Panasonic 37" LCD, and my
GF has pointed out that the lounge will now only spoiled by the "ugly
looking" speakers (a pair of "nothing special" ancient Wharfedale
bookshelf speakers).

I made the mistake of having a demo of some lovely looking
satellite/sub speakers before asking the price. They sounded fantastic,
and definately got a thumbs up from the GF.

It was the Focal Dome 5.1 system, costing £1,500. This was somewhat
over my intended price range, but they did sound great (to us) and look
good, so I might be able to justify the cost.

The only review I have found very pretty positive
(http://www.avreview.co.uk/news/article/mps/uan/2806), but I'm keen to
hear the view of others. I'll be using them initially with an Arcam
AVR-100. I realise they'd probably be better with a bit more power -
I'll probably upgrade the amp at some point in the future. The shop that
demo'd them (Raleigh audio in Colchester) have said I could take the
Arcam into the shop to try them with it.

Any thoughts?

--
SadGamerGeek