Rodney_Gold wrote:
> I have a Graham Slee solo headphone amp , driving a set of Senheisser
> 650's.
> The headphone amp has 2 inputs and they are switchable. I want to
> compare the DAC in the SB3 and TP ...
> Are both Analiog outputs the same in terms of loudness...to me on
> initial listening it sounds that the TP at full output is louder than
> the SB...??
> I have both players set to max vol and am using the same interconnect
> to both?

 From the website:

Transporter:

Balanced Analog Outputs

     * Connectors: XLR gold-plated
     * Level: 3Vrms (8.5Vpp)
     * Impedance: 100 Ohms
     * Attenuation: Fixed -0dB

Unbalanced Analog Outputs

     * Connectors: RCA gold-plated
     * Level: 2Vrms (5.7Vpp)
     * Impedance 100 Ohm (at -0dB)
     * Attenuation: Selectable -0, -10, -20, -30dB

SB3:

Analog RCA outputs

     * High fidelity Burr-Brown™ 24-bit DAC
     * Two dedicated linear power regulators for DAC and line-out stages
     * Full 6.0Vpp line-level signals
     * Signal-to-noise ratio: over 100dB
     * Total harmonic distortion (THD+N): less than -93.5dB (0.002%)

So, if you're using unbalanced out on the Transporter, then it is
slightly quieter than the SB3 (5.7Vpp vs. 6.0Vpp).

R.