It was this kind of stuff which prompted me to start the thread asking
if Slimserver is bit perfect.  If you have bit perfect software, you
can't get any better, if it's free, then all the better.  And yes, I
think this another instance of an "audiophile" company attempting to
package something which is already perfect and free in another wrapping
and sell it at a stupifying price as a dramatic improvement. A lot of
audiophile gear made sense when we were in an analogue world and a $100
k turntable could indeed offer superior isolation, speed regulation, and
tracking of recordings when even the minutest traces of such things were
audible, but in a digital world?  Not so much, if at all...

--
Phoenix