Hi Agentsmith,

I am using balanced ... it's the only option as the unbalanced is
completely horrible. I mean you can barely hear the music through the
all the static.

The Balanced is much better, but produces distortion when the TP is set
to 0db that is particularly noticeable with certain music, especially
solo piano.

As to trying a previous version of SC ... shouldn't it work properly
with the current version like, I presume, everyone else's TP? What could
be in the current version that breaks (at least one) TP?

I'm currently communicating with the seller to do an exchange under
warrantee, and I'll have to wear the freight.

The frustration is not so much about the extra expense, but rather
about the weeks and weeks I'm going to be without music. And I still
haven't heard what everyone claims about the quality of the sound that
the TP produces. Grrrrrrrr.

--
jono338