I'm no audiophile and I sure as h*ll don't use gear like you are talking
about.

But even on lesser equipment (period technics amp and Jensen speakers,
SB3, no DAC or anything fancy) the quality of AAC vs flac is utterly
discernible even to chump ears. And I mean very discernible, not
'perhaps, maybe'. Obvious 'mushiness' in complex passages, and other
effects chumps like me don't have the words for. But if it bothers me,
for sure it will bother you.

Unless I am grossly mistaken the listen to an AAC file in its native
state, or ripping to flac will make no difference. Obviously going the
other way is a different question

--
Dingostrategy

The traveling life: incompatible with high-end audio.

Lounge: SB3 + AE2
Kitchen: SB3 + $80 bookshelf stereo. Top shelf gear.
Bedroom/Terrace - Boom
You've been served: Asus EEE Box & Linux Mint, and a bunch of consumer
level routers and VNC and so-on.
Remote and in control: iPod touch/iPeng

"Dear Mother, kindly forward underwear, DAC and those Jensen's I bought
offa ebay"