just hooked up a new transporter, playing an apple lossless file, and
even without an a-b comparison with the cd player, the sound is small,
compressed and without nuance.  using the rca outputs.

i have the transporter volume set to max.

the rest of my system is: linn kolector to 2 aktive bi-amped lk140s and
linn ninkas. the comparison cd player is the bottom of the line linn
genki.

could i just not be used to the sound?  even my wife walked by and said
it didnt sound that good.

my question is:  what can i do to make it sound better?

thanks!

--
dizzysnakepilot