Maybe OP has some kind of phobia regarding visible amps .

I tried very long runs once, it behaved exactly as Pat predicted (which
is not to hard as it's in its nature) it's a no go if one want decent
sound.

What one can do is using multiple controllers and chargers and keep the
recievers with the amps, if one already owns some kind of multi zone
distrubution amp, but then we get to the 100ft speaker cable problem,
which is not ideal but much better than 100ft single ended rca.

Or the new squeezebox touch in every room and another set of
squeezeboxes in the amp closet.

But best option is powered speakers, there is a lot of them now even
decent looking, or accept an power amp in each room (use SB's volume
combined with attenuators )

--
Mnyb