I want to use my transporter as a DAC for my mac mini, as well as my
cable box, and DVD player.  I prefer the transporter used as intended,
but i have a number of Playlists that are based on Playcount, and these
are more easily managed in iTunes.  however, when taking the optical
output from my mini, into the TP's optical in, i get no sound.

I've tried adjusting the bit rate/depth in the Audio Midi control panel
(various options at 44.1/48/96kz, and 16/24 word length) but none
produces sound.  I've verified the input and cable are working, by using
another source (cable TV).  and the TP will accept a signal from the
mini if i take a USB outto a HagUSB-->SPDIF converter, and then to the
TP.  Plus, the mini toslink out works into other dacs.

any thoughts as to what might be going on?

--
netchord