kphinney wrote:
> pfarrell;480896 Wrote:
>> There is no best cable.
>> There is no best microphone.
>> there is no best speaker.

> Gee Pat, your cynicism is beginning to show thru in your posts.
>
> When anyone asks for an opinion on the -best- can we stipulate for all
> future discussions that "best" is acceptable as a short form of the
> subjective opinion inquiring to "

no, its a stupid question. Best according to what criteria?

Without a budget and knowledge of what you are trying to do, and what
else you have its useless.

Is a Shure SM58 better than a vintage Telefunken/Neuman M1?
Sometimes, sometimes not.

Do Quads sound great? you bet for a lot of music. Then why doesn't Pat
have some? because they flunk WAF. And because sometimes he listens to
music that doesn't do well on Quads.

Its a freeking cable. Spend $20 on it and be happy.

If you want the best cable that you can measure with your oscilloscope
and signal generator, then you already know the criteria that are to be
used.

Just because every forum, on every topic, in the whole Internet gets
"what is the best FOO" question all the damn time, doesn't mean its
worth wasting electrons answering it.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/