No offence taken whatsoever! Listening to music is such a subjective
thing and it is difficult to find a controlled environment, but I
certainly heard differences between before and after.
I'm not a cable elevating Shun Mook toting audiophiliac, but I can see
the fun people have tweaking and mucking around with their gear in the
search for better sound.
To be honest I can't be bothered with all the gimmicks, I did add a
DacMagic and outboard psu to the Duet and it sounded better for it, but
I'm not about to ship the poor thing overseas to have its guts ripped
out and replaced with better internals.
It is a great hobby, but really I'm just in it for the music - and the
sound from my system is very very good indeed.

--
bigbossman