gizek;488672 Wrote:
> Red Book, lived long enough because of the simple fact of being first in
> bringing completely new physical form of music.

I don't think is was the new physical form so much, but that it was a
demonstrably more robust format. Records and Cassettes were dominant,
and the buying public recognized that both were somewhat fragile.
Everyone had warped and scratched records, and had experienced a tape
being eaten by a player, so they jumped at the perfect sound forever
marketing.  To 95% of the population, CD's sound perfect, and DVD's look
perfect, which is why DVD-Audio and SACD essentially failed, and Blu-ray
is struggling....

--
DCtoDaylight

Audiophile wish list: Zero Distortion, Infinite Signal to Noise Ratio,
and a Bandwidth from DC to Daylight