I have a Transporter, 2 Squeezebox Classics and one Squeezebox
Receiver.

The Transporter uses the internal DAC

One Squeezebox Classic uses the internal DAC of my Marantz home theater
receiver and sounds great.

The other Squeezebox Classic and the Squeezebox Receiver use the
internal DACs in my two Headroom Desktop amps. One of these Headroom
Desktop amps has Headrom's "Max" DAC in it and the other has the plain
vanilla Desktop DAC in it. Both setups sound very nice.

I'm looking forward to picking up a Touch once they are finally
released since all of my external DACs (the Marantz and both Headroom
units) will work with a 24bit/96kHz digital input.

--
ralphpnj

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels -> Snatch -> The Transporter ->
Transporter 2