callesoroe;493838 Wrote:
> Hi!
>
> My Transporter has problems playing one, and just one 24/96 file. I
> have downloaded the album "Retrospective" with Rebecca Pidgeon on
> HDTRACKS.COM
>
> And consequently there is digital noise in track 1 "Spanish Harlem".
> First I thought that the file was coruppted and I got a redownload. But
> exactly the same problem. It is the only 24/96 file that I have problems
> with???.
>
> Then I tried to play it on my computer with Mediamonkey, and it played
> the song without any distortion at all... Is that not strange..?
> Does any of you have the album/song with the same problem, when playing
> it on The Transporter???
>
> "Edit": Forgot to mention that the file type is FLAC

There could be something wrong with the FLAC encoding.

Two things to try.  There are some debugging logs you can turn on.  You
can also test to see if there is a decoding bug by doing this:

In Settings -> Advanced -> File Types

You will see a column for "File Format".  Find FLAC and where it says
"Native" flip that to "Disabled"  This will force the server to decode
the file from FLAC to PCM.  The audio stream is the same but the
decoding is done on the server.  This should let us know if there is a
decoder bug.

--
SuperQ