A question for the network experts here:

I am using a Squeezebox Receiver as one of the best ways to get audio
data from the computer to my external Digital-to-Analog converter. The
Squeezebox Receiver uses the Realtek RTL8201CP chip for wired ethernet
connection, and this supports enhanced settings like Floow Control etc.
In order to stream the data best possible (i.e. without ana data
corruption, with best possible timing - what else could be important
here?) from Squeezebox Server on the PC to the Squeezebox Receiver, what
do you recommend? Does using a router have general benefits in terms of
data quality and integrity over connecting  both units directly with a
network cable? Any suggestions and 'food for thought' appreciated :)

--
Bertel