iPhone;508106 Wrote:
> Of course none of this matters with the Squeezebox because there are
> internal switching supplies inside the Squeezebox after the main power
> supply. So feeding a Squeezebox with a Linear PS versus a Switching PS
> makes no difference whatsoever. This has been discussed by Phil and
> myself on this Forum many times and backed up with the testing we have
> done.

I can measure the noise. Maybe you can't, but it is there. -Especially
on the clock chip.- I can show the difference in noise sidebands on the
SPDIF output. If I am not mistaken, I may have posted that on this, or
other, forums.

Whether or not the linear supply has less noise.............just
because it is linear is no guarantee it is "low noise". Most are not.
Additionally, the noise from the local regulators -can- override the
noise of the external linear.

Pat

--
ar-t