I have found that the pursuit of "differences" is not a good approach
for the audio hobbyist.

What is more productive is to explore the question: What is it that I
do and don't like about the sound of my system?

There are ways to solve various problems in ones system and it is not
as simple as buying a "better" piece of equipment, such as adding an
external DAC.

All systems sound different. Even the exact same system in a different
room sounds very different. The cheapest way to make your system sound
different is to move it to a very different room in your home.
Guaranteed it will sound different. Possibly better, possibly worse.
Move it around in the same room - different again. You can learn more
about the strengths and weaknesses of your system from doing this.

Focus on the things that you don't like about the sound you are now
listening to. Locate the source of the problem and make some changes.
Not an easy thing to do. Reading about how others "feel" about the sound
of various components is helpful. You can draw some generalities from
these reviews that can lead you in the right direction - harshness can
be cured with good wires and tubes. Muddiness can be corrected with
better crossover components, etc. etc. Many different opinions to go
around. Take them all and form you own. Experiment! Don't be afraid! -

Bon Chance!

--
earwaxer

Waxer