dminches;524476 Wrote:
> Can you define "highly compressed?"  Do you mean FLAC level 8?  I
> haven't had an issue playing them on my transporter unless something is
> going on that I don't know about.

Yes, FLAC compression levels of 7-8 or above have been found to cause
problems.  The problems manifest themselves as distortion, or sometimes
drop outs.  Two things to keep in mind, this only affects high bit rate
recordings (24/96, 24/88), lower rates play fine.  I believe it also
affects some material more than others.  Some sort of interaction
between the compression algorithm, and the material it's trying to
compress.

--
DCtoDaylight

Audiophile wish list: Zero Distortion, Infinite Signal to Noise Ratio,
and a Bandwidth from DC to Daylight