Hi Everyone,

I finally entered the digital world last year. I'm an avid Squeezebox
fan, and have a Duet setup for my stereo. It's great and I love it.

My system consists of Krell electronics and B&W 802 speakers. It's all
good quality, fairly high end stuff.

I'm currently using a regular Squeezebox that came with the Duet to
send a signal to my Krell HTS 7.1, using its internal DAC.

The Krell DAC has always sounded a tad bright for my tastes, and I
really like the build quality and setup of the Transporter.

However after reading numerous posts on this forum, I could of sworn
that I heard the Transporter may be at the end of its life. Is that
true? Will support for the Transporter end after a certain version of
SqueezeOS?

I really like the concept behind the Transporter and the balanced
outputs would be really nice too, but I don't want a $1500 paperweight
in a few years.

Thanks for any input you could provide.

Chris

P.S. I did try searching -- if there's any threads that already discuss
this, just link me and I'll check them out. Thanks!

--
CFoote