Sean has posted about this issue before and I think he understands it
and greatly improved it but it's not quite eliminated.

It sounds to me that something is constantly sampling the voltage and
occasionally gets interrupted too long and miscalculates what it thinks
the voltage is and trips.

I hope he can consult or something on the issue and eventually get it
resolved.

It's a wonderful unit other than this glitch.

--
mswlogo

XP > Cat5 > Transporter/DuetController > SPDIF > Meridian G68 > DSP6000,
DSP5500HC, DSP5000
XP > Cat5 > SB3 > SPDIF > Meridian DSP5000
XP > Cat5 > DuetReceiver > SPDIF > Meridian G91 > DSP5000

'My Transporter Setup'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=350741&postcount=45)
'Hitch Hikers Guide to Meridian' (http://www.meridianunplugged.com)