mswlogo;545199 Wrote:
> By the way one thing I'm really puzzled on with RMAA is I always get
> better Dynamic range results (96dB) when it directly drives SPDIF from
> TASCAM. Versus when playing a Flac/Wav and letting Transporter drive
> SPDIF I get like 93dB. These, in theory, should be the same.
>
> It may have something to do with 16 vs 24 bit. Live vs Wav. So I may
> run both 16 and 24 on both Live and Wav to sort it out.
>
> Also Meridian does resolution enhancement and upsampling. I have shut
> that off on most tests but when I got 96dB dynamic range I may have had
> it on.
>
> Or perhaps the TASCAM has a sweet spot since I did not run WAV vs SPDIF
> back to back.
>
> Too many variables.

Yes that is weird - s/pdif should be s/pdif!

Unfortunately I can't try this with the Touch as it lacks a digital
input...

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Townsend Supertweeters, Blue
Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio