michael123;546920 Wrote:
> What I am trying to do is to run a series of tones in the bass area to
> see if I can determine the volume difference by ear.

My advice is to get an inexpensive db meter, rather than trying to tune
things by ear.  I used a meter I got from Radio Shack a decade or two
ago when I was tuning my sub.  Using a test cd of warble tones, and the
meter mounted on a tripod, I measured the response at a half dozen
points around my usual listening area. Low frequency standing waves can
be very position dependant, so having a repeatable measurement technique
so you can average different positions, is very useful.

--
DCtoDaylight

Audiophile wish list: Zero Distortion, Infinite Signal to Noise Ratio,
and a Bandwidth from DC to Daylight