Amauta;561532 Wrote:
> A veil has lifted etc. ??

No, I'm not a veil is lifted Audiophile type. Being an Engineer, I am a
more of what the actual difference is or what is NOT being added by the
equipment type of audiophile. All I want from my playback is for it to
sound as close to what was recorded as possible, nothing added nothing
removed. Proper Soundstage and a 'Live' recording are the important
thing for me, nature, neutral, and alive. The meaning of 'Black' for me
is only the absence of noise and by-products from my component path that
those components could have added to the actual music that was recorded.
IOW, a device can't make anything 'Blacker' just because somebody thinks
it is better. But a better component can be 'Blacker' then another
component because it adds less/no by-products or has less noise, IE
cleaner, purer. So again its not 'making' it blacker, the listened to
recording seems blacker because less is being 'added' in the path from
source to speaker.

Must be why I like the Ayre Acoustics MX-R Mono Blocks so much, zero
feedback fully balanced, clean, pure, nature, neutral. I can tell you
one thing after having a KX-R at the house for 10 days, I am not a SS
guy when it comes to pre-amps, but if I had $19K that didn't need to be
used for anything the KX-R would be my next audio component purchase.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5
Reference Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide
AutoScope 2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Second Boom