Mnyb;573911 Wrote:
> Oh yeah those strange network at the cable ends , that would make them
> different  ;) actually a wire should be just a wire ?
>
> Speaker wire can have an measurable impact if the speakers have very
> low impedance or are very reactive, bot not a couple of dB ? that
> suggest that almost half of the voltage is dropped over the cable in
> certain frequencies ? that must be something wrong with that design of
> one of the tested wires, a short thick cable with low inductance that's
> a good speaker cable.
>
> Do you have old infinity speakers or appogee scintilla's .
>
> You can also have problems with amp's with high output impedance (tube
> amp's with output transformer's ) they change frequency response
> depending on the load impedance
>
> Long runs of very thin speaker wire can be measured for shure in some
> cases.
> with some speaker, but thats speaker wires and the remedy still cost
> only a couple of dollars.
>
> Signal cables not so and I think most of the discussion in that link
> was about signal cables .
>
> But maybe in "audiophile engineering" you can find design that reacts
> in strange ways to signal cables :-/ The danish brand Holfi actually
> had a CD player that outputted much more distorsion in to a normal
> 10kOhm preamp input than to thier own preamps with 800 Ohm input's ?

Yes, network box. MIT say this is going to correct phase response. I
measured Group Delay as well, and indeed it was smaller (I have MIT
shotgun, one of the least expensive models) comparing to XLO

I have Verity Audio Parsifal Ovation, these are full range speakers and
quite resolving. Both Chesky and Classic Records, two of the high-res
music publishers, use these in their studios.

In general, at least my experience says that the cables do not do big
difference, but they do. Not all of them, not in every system, not with
every type of music.

There is a nice paper by Nelson Pass
http://www.passlabs.com/pdfs/articles/spkrcabl.pdf

Worth reading, there are measurements and listening tests

--
michael123