I build speakers since ~25 years and you may wonder what cheap parts are
even in high priced Infinitys back in the 90s. Many electrolytics cause
their 18dB filter design back then would have been way to expensive.
Foil caps were very expensive back then! Most likely you can exchange
some old lytics in your speaker aginst some fresh newer foils stuff
that doesn´t break your bank.
I enjoy playing with this. You may find a plan of your speaker switch
and make a photo of it. We may start from there in the diy section :)

--
Wombat

Transporter -> RG142 -> Avantgarde based monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 ->
self-made speakers