jhonsber...@msn.com;579380 Wrote:
> Would anyone here recommend a line balancing transformer,using the
> unbalanced analog output and placing the unbalanced cables into this
> transformer and then putting balanced cables from the transformer to
> the inside house amp?
>
> I have no idea if this would work properly or would it degrade the
> sound quality and defeat the purpose?

While this would work, it's not a solution I would recommend, for two
reasons.  First off, most transformers exhibit some level of distortion
and frequency response issues.  They are often, not as perfect as some
would have you believe.  Secondly, I'm a big believer in simple signal
paths, and if I'm not mistaken, the TP's internal dac is balanced, then
converted to single ended, then add the transformer to go back to
balanced, it just seems like two avoidable conversions.

--
DCtoDaylight

Audiophile wish list: Zero Distortion, Infinite Signal to Noise Ratio,
and a Bandwidth from DC to Daylight