Audiogon may be the place with the most traffic, but the way the site is
operated rubs a lot of people the wrong way.  Shady.  I'll never use it
again to sell anything and would never trust a dealer who lists
anything there.

eBay obviously gets a lot of traffic.  I'm not sure why the BIN sales
or the new gear should be a concern.  When I go looking for something
on eBay I'm usually looking for a deal on used gear, so if there's one
auction for something used among dozens of worthless BIN listings for
new products, it stands out.

Craiglist is fine if you live in a fairly populated area, both for ad
traffic and proximity for doing a deal in person.  Don't expect to list
a used blender and have someone drive 90 minutes to pick it up, but a
thousand dollar stereo component is different.  Make sure you post
photos and delete and relist your ad at least once or twice a week, as
things tend to quickly scroll off and out of site.

There are also a number of audio boards with free classified sections
that are worth trying.  Many of them just use forum software, so you
can bump your ad to the top of a selling category every day or so,
depending on the site policy.

'Audio Circle' (http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?board=109.0)

'Head-Fi' (http://www.head-fi.org/forum/list/109)

'Audio Asylum' (http://trade.audioasylum.com/ca/index.html)

I would try the free forum classifieds and Craigslist first, then
eBay.

Oh, and expect some scam replies.  It goes with the territory, but
unless you just fell off the truck yesterday (or have particularly thin
skin) you shouldn't have much of a problem.

--
JJZolx