If you want to use just EQ here my tips.

1. On Linux the stock install instructions and plugin.pm worked but I
needed to change permissions on one file (see
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=558141&postcount=40).

2. The web interface (and the SB plugin sometimes) do give me problems.
If that happens, just edit the *.conf files for the EQ presets by hand!
Then you can just select the relevant preset from the SB menu. Doing
this, you can add as many EQ bands as you want. On Linux the .conf
files are in /usr/share/InguzEQ/Settings. If you're using EQ to correct
room modes then editing a file once is a lot easier than trying to get a
bunch of other stuff working each time you upgrade the server.

Regards, Darren

--
darrenyeats

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/richpub/listmania/byauthor/A3H57URKQB8AQO/ref=cm_pdp_content_listmania/203-7606506-5721503.

(Inguz bass EQ'd) SB3 -> (pre bypassed) Krell KAV-300i -> PMC AB-1
(caps bass EQ'd) Desktop -> Genius Slab SW-flat2.1 700
Sennheiser HD 25-1 II