Riddo;602537 Wrote:
> Hi Mervin,
> Where is the best place for a complete beginner to learn about using
> brutefirdrc for my SB Touch?
> Cheers,
> Graeme
If you really a complete beginner, including new to linux, then the
learning curve would be:

- install ubuntu (desktop edition) on your pc
- get familiar with ubuntu (file system, including some basic console
commands)
- install brutefir (the basic engine) and set up 1-2 filters as test
cases, eg. a simple parametric filter, to get familiar with how
brutedir reads an audio stream, applies filter(s), then outputs the
filtered stream
- use brutefirdrc instructions
(http://klaasprause.com/brutefirdrc/installation/) to install
brutefirdrc, up to step 4. Step 5 onwards are for older squeezebox
remotes. At this stage I can send the skeleton instructions that Klass
(brutefirdrc author) provided me, and some sample scripts
- measure, generate filters (over and over again until things sound
right, no clipping, etc, etc)

Realistically this is not a short learning curve. I was familiar
(intermediate user level) with linux, and took 2-3 leisurely weeks to
get the feel of brutefir (while waiting for measurement mic), then
another couple of evenings to get the first track playing via
brutefirdrc.

I expect Inguz would be a little more straightforward, but measurement
and filter generation / tweaking learning curve is likely to be
similar.

--
mervin_b