gizek;603247 Wrote:
> Don't know about you guys but I'm totally confused here.
> Someone please explain.
> What exactly does new Transporter SE lack ?
> Is it only the front knob. If yes, then that was one damn expensive
> aluminum knob if Logitech was charging additional $500 selling regular
> Transporter for $2K.

More likely explanations are:

a) The price was lowered significantly because of the loss of front
panel functionality.

b) It's a short-lived clearance item just to sell some leftover
components.

It's also a product that is a number of years old and whose market has
been significantly reduced by the Touch's 24/96 capability and the rave
reviews that it's received for sound quality.  Probably would be
difficult to sell any more for $2k even if they had knobs.

> What about functionality of the front panel buttons ?

>From Andy's answer above, they're still there and they still function.
Many of them have no use without having the knob to scroll through
menus, though.

(I never use the knob either.  I was just playing with it and the front
panel buttons to see what they do and completely locked up the
Transporter. I suspect that the front panel functionality hasn't gotten
a lot of use or testing over the years.)

--
JJZolx