jameswilcox;604223 Wrote:
> Hi to one and all,
>
> I purchased a SB (Duet) a couple of years ago and it's now sitting in
> the box as I wasn't happy with the sound.  I used the coaxial in the SB
> to pump a signal to an external DAC (Beresford), thence to pre amp
> (audio synthesis) amp (audio note) and speakers (audio note).
>
> Of late I've been using a hi-face usb to coaxial thingy to take a
> signal direct from my mac to the DAC, and not using the SB at all.  But
> this means I have to have my mac sitting next to the DAC etc....
>
> Well I now miss the convenience of the SB and wondered if anyone has
> any solutions for me so that I can pump my files in to the SB
> non-wirelessly without having to have the physical connection of my mac
> hooked up to the SB via my hi-face coaxial.  I think, at least
> partially, the sound quality issues were to do with the use of a
> wireless interface, which I'm keen to avoid.
>
> Is there some additional piece of kit, like a storage devise of some
> sort, that I could get to solve this issue that would pump a signal
> direct to the SB?
>
> Thanks for any advice.
>
> Best regards,
>
> James

WIFI under virtually all circumstances has nothing to do with sound
quality. Bad wifi can cause dropouts, pauses, etc. but bits are bits,
and whether it arrives via wifi or ethernet, the audio quality is not
affected. So I suspect your initial problem with sound quality was not
the WIFI being used.

--
garym