tank121;607510 Wrote:
> Were soon to have our garage converted.
>
> It will be a dual purpose room - dining room & listening room.
>
> The garage is an integral garage with a door to the kitchen and a
> further door to the garden.
>
> 80 will be converted to the new room and (stud wall)20% for storage
> (with door leading to the garage).
>

> I'm just after some tips advice for best acoustics and soundproofing.
>
> Does soundbloc plasterboard make a significant difference (stopping
> sound from escaping) ?
>
> For flooring is it best to go with carpet as opposed to wooden floor ?
>
> It will be housing my Dynaudio audience 72 floor standers, Arcam a85
> amp with rca connections to my Touch and external HD.
>
> Lighting was thinking of up lighters with infra-red remote control
> dimmer.
>

> All advice and tips welcome. Thanks guys

Soundbloc is expensive and not as effective as rockwool slab within the
studding - check out this site for serious soundproofing supplies.

Wood vs carpet doesn't matter so much as how the floor is constructed -
and for floorstanding speakers - how they couple to the floor.

Proper soundproofing can't be retrofitted to an existing room. The
problem areas are windows, doors and ceilings and floors.

Having done 2 garage-to-recording studio conversions (which require a
lot more soundproofing than you will need) I'd stick to rockwool slab
in the studding.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/XP) - TACT 2.2X (Linear PSU) + Good Vibrations S/W - MF
Triplethreat(Audiocom full mods) - Linn 5103 - Aktiv 5.1 system (6x
LK140's, ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend
Supertweeters, Blue Jeans Digital,Kimber Speaker & Chord Interconnect
cables
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.