Taylormade;610410 Wrote:
> As mentioned before, the muffled sound from the Touch is now gone.
Interesting the wide variance in responses. I was just reading another
user's reaction to the Touch yesterday (on a different forum) and his
comment was that his external DAC removed the harsh brightness he
experienced with the Touch's analog outs.

Meanwhile, when I got my Touch in April almost a year ago, I spent
several weeks doing a synced, level-matched comparison between the
Touch's analog outs and my Lavry DA-10 and found I could not reliably
tell the difference. I ended up selling my Lavry.

Guess the moral of the story is if you think you need an external DAC,
it's a good idea to compare for yourself.

--
mlsstl