magiccarpetride;611122 Wrote:
> Let me turn the tables for a moment here, and ask a pointed question:
> if, by comparing two audio components side-by-side, you can definitely
> hear a difference, do you think that difference can be measured?
>
> By 'measured' I mean detected using some measuring equipment,
> preferably with buttons and dials and blinking lights and beeping
> sounds. In the most ideal case, that measuring device would even be
> able to print out a histogram.

To take a more active interpretation: I do think that with control over
frequency and phase response, say with a DSP, many differences one hears
could be reproduced.  For example, the differences I hear in midrange
presence and how the soundstage is projected when I swap some tubes in
my amp.

--
Daverz