Phil Leigh;611211 Wrote:
> Hi - in brief, no the max null is not 100. The theoretical max null is
> -144dB if using 24-bit recording. In practice we know that 24-bit is
> impossible with readily available tech so it's more like -120... in
> practice, getting a null under 100 is tricky - you won't get that with
> any old PC soundcard.
>
> The purpose of the control test is to set a baseline using prevailing
> conditions. 90+ is a VERY good null.
>
> As I said, some of these differences are small... but they were there.
> I did repeat each test 10 times.

Do you have any idea at wich value audible differences usually appears,
it's a stupid question I know ? I'm just struggling to get a baseline,
what gives for example rising or lowering the volume by 0,1dB or a
minuscule 0,5dB change at the treble control

--
Mnyb

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: SB3 + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad 64gB wifi +3g with iPengHD & SqueezePad